The Primary English Teaching Association Australia (PETAA) is a national, not-for-profit professional association supporting primary school educators in the teaching and learning of English and literacies across the curriculum.
Working with a network of leading academics, educational and literacy consultants, and exemplary classroom teachers, PETAA supports primary school educators with:
- research-based, classroom-focused print and digital publications and teaching resources
- an extensive program of professional learning courses
- partnerships and projects that deliver quality teaching and learning programs
- advocacy for the professional interests of members and the wider community through active representation within a number of State and Federal education forums.
- research - PETAA is actively involved with ongoing research that supports its professional work with teachers and educators. This includes the development of an independent, competitive research grant to further support the professional interests of members and the wider research community.